Thursday, August 22, 2013

Elizabeth Spencer Wines, June 21, 2013

www.elizabethspencerwines.com

It was time again for a wine club shipment pick-up, and my friend was able to enjoy his first visit to the tasting room as a wine club member since signing up last fall.  Our experience at Trefethen lasted a little longer than we had anticipated and our next visit required a bit of extra driving and a timely arrival, so we were a little pressed for time here.  Rather than enjoy our tasting out on the patio, we decided to hang around the tasting bar inside the cozy tasting room.  Something about the repeating patterns in the floor-to-ceiling wine racks and the surrounding brickwork gets my symmetry juices going and I feel in my element there.  (I have a background in mathematics and computers.)

The cozy tasting room at Elizabeth Spencer Wines.
During my previous visit, I picked up the 2009 Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon for my friend.  This time the pickup consisted of the 2009 Mendocino Cabernet Sauvignon, which was not on the tasting menu.  I opted to try the 2010 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, the 2010 Pinot Noir, and the 2009 Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon, which was my friend’s favorite.  He was eager to taste this wine and was thoroughly pleased with it.  I next asked for a taste of the 2009 Special Cuvee Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, which was my favorite.  This last wine is developing quite nicely, so we each brought home a few half-bottles.

A full review was written already about Elizabeth Spencer Wines during my visit on November 2nd, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment